Friday, September 5, 2008

Noah's First Day of School has passed by



Almost 2 whole weeks ago! GEEZ!! How busy can life actually get that I have to wait two weeks to blog about My precious son's first day of THIRD GRADE (sniff sniff)...HOW In the world has he gotten to be in Third Grade? Where does the time go? Noah loved his first day of school...He said that he was glad to be back to see his friends! Mommy here is NOT so glad as now I have to go back and forth to bring and pick him up from school...ahhhh the traffic, ahhhh the gas, ahhhh it messes up Ryan's naps (if he so decides to take one and if not he falls asleep during the afternoon pick-up and is ohhh soo toddler grouchy)! The first day of school was also the cleaning crew day at my house...so i was held prisoner at my friend Tracy's house (which she so graciously let Ryan and I stay there during the cleaning time)on the way home from the drop-off. I soooo long to carpool with someone to St. Edward. But as I have come to realize, Texas or at least this area is NOT predominately Catholic like it was in Louisiana...and people send their kids to public school here...WELL unless you are Catholic, I guess :)

Noah likes his teacher (so far) but he was a little upset that his best bud is not in his class this year..There are only 2 teachers for Third grade. His school is very small. I was actually shocked last night at the amount of school work that he had to do...with tests, and actual written homework...Wow! We literally did school work all afternoon up until he went to bed at 10 o'clock last night. He even missed TKD! And on that note I will say that Noah is so proud that he received his GREEN STRIPE 2 weeks ago on his belt! wooohoooo!! I believe that you have to have a green, red, and blue stripe to TEST for Yellow belt...so that is a positive step for him. Gooo NOAH!

Gustav put a hault on my organizing because my house was filled with family (evacuees) from him so I could not get anything done. Also I have been dealing with Ryan's stool withholding? problems. OMG! On a upbeat note, the Maroon 5 Concert is tonight...Looking forward to that! NOW I have to blog on that other stuff that I haven't had a chance to do....

1 comment:

Laird Crew said...

You all are always so busy! Tell Noah we hope he has a wonderful school year.(I'm sure he will.)I can't believe how big your boys are getting! They look so grown up!