Friday, September 12, 2008

IKE IS GETTING CLOSER...

and I don't like it! Galveston is already flooding and waves are going over the 18 foot sea wall! The officials have said that they are afraid that Galveston will become part of the Gulf of Mexico...I am very sad and I pray that does not happen. I love Galveston. It is sooo fun to visit..and only about an hour and 15 minutes away from us...NOT too bad of a drive. Moody Gardens is sooo much fun there and we LOVE the Rainforest Cafe. We had plans to take Noah and some of his friends for his Birthday next month; Guess we should make other plans :(

The weather is still Sunny and HOT as HELL over here though..a little scary...the quiet before the storm, I guess. Looks like the forecasters are saying that Ike will be going up I-45 and OMG.. we are Right of I-45 so I guess we will get the nasty stuff. I hope the tornadoes stay away. I am praying that these houses are built better than I think they are.

I am about to get my All Weather Radio ready and my Corded phone out in case we lose power. I am also going to wash my hair to get a fresh start :) Have been washing laundry too. Noah is playing playstation and Ryan is running around.. the poor dears have NO idea what we are in for later today!

Ike has strenghtened to 105 mph winds...they say it will get stronger, but I am hoping not as we are forecast to get over 80 mph winds over here already with that forecast.

Scott has gone to find some last minute things and he says the stores are CLEARED OUT! YIKES!! I wonder how hard it will be to get restocked after the storm?
Will update later........... Send more prayers to Houston, Thanks!

Photo from Channel 11 news of Galveston waves already!

No comments: