Friday, September 12, 2008

Ike is 110 mph Winds now

and is still a CAT 2...but a CAT 3 is 111 mph winds...not far off. Well NO more Sun over here...is getting darker and darker...trees are swaying...we are beginning to get Tropical Storm force winds now. A light drizzle off and on. I'm nervous. I have been doing about 3 things consistently all day: watching the news, looking at the news on the net, and washing clothes! Looks like Ike is staying on track just like NHC reported going right up our alley over here.
Galveston now has 9 feet of water on the Island. Lots of low lying areas in the Houston area have water...like Kemah and Baytown. I'm not worried about the water over here....but I am worried about the winds.

I really don't know what else to say...I feel too nervous to type :)
Please continue to pray for Houston-Galveston areas!!!

"Hurricane Ike nears Category 3 strength

The hurricane is almost as big as the state "

1 comment:

Brandee said...

Hi! I was reading Bob Breck's blog and saw your comment, clicked your name which brought me to your profile, clicked your blog and recognized that your son Noah was in my daughter Maren's kindergarten class at St. Francis!

Best of luck to you guys during this storm!! I'll keep you and all our other friends in Houston in my prayers.

Brandee