Saturday, October 4, 2008

Surrendering My Louisiana Driver's License

Yesterday was NOT easy! I have been living in TX for almost 2 years now but was still holding on to my LA license. WHY? Because maybe just maybe I was hoping to move back...Is my hope gone about moving back? NO it's not but I had to get my TX license because I want to VOTE for President. I am registered in LA but I need to be registered here so that I can vote...the deadline is Monday, so I just made it!!

I have to say that the State place is different than getting it in LA..In LA it is at the Department of Motor Vehicles..but over here it is Department of Public Safety...and it was DIRTY!!! Tons of people that you really never want to actually see for an extended period of time but are forced to due to waiting FOREVER!! First of all, I was a nervous wreck trying to find the darn place. It was hard to find in Conroe...it was in the freakin STICKS!!! COUNTRY as HELL...LOL I thought I was in the twilight zone...the area looked abandoned!! NOT a good experience. The kids were a nightmare. Ryan was yelling "Pacawn" the whole time and YAH I know I didn't spell it right...but that is how he was saying it..So then the more Noah laughed the more Ryan yelled it...ohhhh that was fun!! the sign there so NO EATING AND DRINKING AND TURN OFF CELL PHONE IN LINE...well of course all the rules were broken! Ryan ate goldfish the entire time and topped that off with Juice and water...Then after finally getting my number "109" called to get into line to wait some more....My CELL PHONE rings!!! IT never rings!!! OMG!!!! I got the dirtiest of dirty looks from the workers and from the customers...they were looking at me like "awwww she is the one with her cell ringing"...I wanted to DIE!!! and wanted to tell them to "bite me". haha...but I just stood there hoping to get served soon :)

So after I do the eye exam which I almost puked from seeing how dirty that thing is where you are supposed to put your forehead (I put a napkin and pressed with my hands. LOL) and the color exam, paying my dues, signing 2 times...Once for my Temporary PAPER LICENSE...YES I SAID paper. WTH?? a Paper license...OMG!!! Yah they mail it to you in 2-6 weeks..gosh!! IN LA, you get your license right there!!! IN fact, it is still warm when ya get it. And they say LA is slower... YAH RIGHT!!!

Since Ike, I haven't taken many pictures...It is taking me a while to get my spirit back...Ike took it away for a while...BUT I'm getting back on track with my picture taking (yay)...mainly have been getting errands and chores done to get everything back to normal...We have Noah's birthday next weekend! OMG!! MY BABY BOY is turning 9 years old (sniff sniff)...Where does the time go?? AND Scott's bday is also next weekend...so we will have many pics to come.

We will hopefully have a fun day today!!
Still in mourning over surrendering my Louisiana Driver's license (they took it).................

1 comment:

mommyreview.com said...

I went through the same thing when I had to give up my CA lic for AZ, blah I'm still not over it!