Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Lots of FIRSTS for Ryan

Wow! Ryan has been doing so much lately..He is leaving a trail of firsts behind him *sniff sniff*...My little man is growing up! He started riding his tricycle! For some reason, he could never peddle or understand what was needed to peddle his bike..but last week or was it 2 weeks ago? He hopped onto his bike and started peddling away like he has always been doing it!! It was amazing!! I had to catch him in the action!



Last week, Ryan had his teeth cleaned at the dentist for the VERY FIRST TIME!..He has been there before but only for "lap exams"...just the Dentist looking at his teeth. THIS time he had them cleaned. He looked so adorable with his little sunglasses on. OF course, this took MUCH coercing from Momma to get him into that chair...I want to say that it took about 20 minutes or MORE to get him in it. And after he was in it, he held both of my hands the entire time! AND he was also promised a BIG surprise from the Toy store...so after it was off to Toys R Us for that NEW Toy! LIKE He needs another TOY!! HIS teeth were GREAT!! Dr. Ragsdale said that his teeth look Wonderful!! AFTER a LONG time there, he finally decided on a Handy Manny tool set! HE LOVES it!! The tools dance and stuff...very cute!


Last week, Ryan attended his FIRST CLASS without ME at the Children's Museum. It is for 3-4 year olds and YES the parents CANNOT stay! I was fearful of even trying this as Ryan is VERY clingy and has NEVER been left ANYWHERE before...HE was very hesitant at first hiding behind my leg..I walked him there and he started playing with some dinosaurs and above that was a painting of MONA LISA and he asked what that was and I told him that it was a painting and it was MONA LISA...well he then told me that he does NOT like MONA LISA. LOL!! HILARIOUS!!! I told him that I was going to get us a drink and would be back in a little bit, before he knew it..he continued playing and I slipped out the door. I was just waiting for the teacher or the museum to call me that my child was crying and would NOT stop...the never called! Upon going to get him (the class is only 1.5 hours), he ran to me and the teacher said he did WONDERFUL..that he was a little sad at first, but was fine afterwards! I was soooo super proud of him. He said he liked it and wants to go back again!! The class was about Chemistry stuff..and they made some goop and other fun sticky things..he even drew a Volcano!! I am going to send him to class there every week. This week is about Farm Animals! I sadly do NOT have any pictures :(

We are still attending weekly story time at B&N..WE LOVE IT! Ryan is doing so well. He just goes to sit in the front on the front bench (even when other kids are there) and he listens!! 2 weeks ago, Miss Sam read "I STINK"...it was about a garbage truck and Ryan LOVED it!! He is so into garbage trucks right now. He has a huge Tonka one and he watches outside if he hears the Garbage truck..He also informs me every time he sees one as we are driving around town. LOL Well...we had to purchase the book too!


Last week, Miss Sam read alot of books about Sharing! Ryan loved the books. I was preoccupied in my own head and with a very distracting toddler running everywhere (NOOO not my Toddler)...so I don't know details about the stories. LOL Ryan had fun playing with the trains afterward too. He colored some pictures of Curious George and we left..next week promises the start of Easter Crafts. yay!!! LOL


This past weekend, I took the kids to Chuck E Cheese (it was for a Birthday party)..this was the FIRST time that I had taken them to THIS Chuck E cheese..OF course we have been to the one in Houma. THIS one was so different: TONS Of kids..lines for everything. NOT a good experience for me. probably NEVER again on a weekend. LOL BUT the boys had fun riding in this jeep:




Noah is taking his SAT's this week at school. He also has a tournament coming up for TKD (sparring)...we are all excited about that. Nanny and Nana are coming here too to see him! He just got a stripe last night on his belt..He is a Senior Green Belt... so he will be testing for his BLUE belt in April! GO Noah Go Noah. LOL!

1 comment:

mommyreview.com said...

Ahhh go Ryan!! and Go Noah!!